Sunday, March 27, 2005

HOPE

My sister and I were in touch constantly, I told her of my sadness and pain and that my life was so empty and that I didn't think that I could ever smile again. It wasn't long after that she sent me a Hallmark card which gave me comfort it goes like this:

Hope is a happiness
held in the heart
When happiness
seems to be gone.
Hope is a quiet joy
deep within
Encouraging us to go on.
Hope is a guide
when we seem to be lost
That can help us
in finding our way.
Hope is a strong,
immovable force
That our doubts and fears
cannot sway.
Hope is a light
that burns in the night
In a place where
a miracle starts,
And every good thing
will come in its time...
As long as there's hope
in our hearts.

The verse inside says:

May you find what you need
to bring out the hope
in your heart--
something to make you
smile again.

No comments: