Sunday, February 20, 2005

October 25, 26 & 27, 1999

Paul, Jeff and I are making big plans. It was to be a happy time filled with lots of things to do.We were looking forward to going to the American Legion to see Paul DJ a Halloween party there. Paul was very happy and excited about getting a chance to do this because if they liked him he was going to DJ on New Years eve.

On Monday the 25th I spoke with Jeff on the phone to finalize our plans. After I got off the phone and I called Paul to fill him in on the details, little did I know that it would be the last time I would speak to him. Jeff spoke with Paul too, I'm not sure if that was Monday or Tuesday, but it was to be the last time he would speak to his brother.

During the day on Tuesday Paul was with his best friend, Jeff Klotz. They spent the day at Jeff's parents house replacing a bathroom floor. Later Jeff was to tell us that he dropped Paul off at midnight, they had something to eat, and then Paul said he wasn't feeling well and was going to bed. This was highly unusual, Paul was a night owl. Jeff recalls leaving, then he turned around and saw that Paul turned out the lights, it convinced Jeff that Paul did indeed go to bed.

On Wednesday, the 27th, my son Jeff was to be at my house in the evening as planned. He ended up getting a migraine and postponed til the next day. I tried calling Paul at home Wednesday night to let him know about Jeff, but there was no answer. I didn't really worry it wasn't the first time I couldn't reach him, after all he was 31 years old and I figured I'd just talk to him in the morning.

No comments: