Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The Big Move & My House

Hosted by Photobucket.com
I had another reason for moving other than the beauty of the country.I missed my friend, Rhonda. I had friends here at home but Rhonda and I had a lot in common, like being single. After many visits I decided to pack up, leave the boys behind, (well they were young men), quit my job and move. I decided this was a new beginning for a life for myself. I should mention that Paul came with on one visit and agreed that it was indeed beautiful. My move was set for June and then Paul decided he wanted to move there too. So much for my new independence from my kids. I really didn't mind this way I could make sure he was taking care of himself. Especially with his diabetes. Jeff would be fine, he was very involved with a high school sweetheart and spent his time with her and her family. Paul found a great place in Metropolis and I stayed with Rhonda til I found a cute little house in the country. It was actually in a small community called Reevesville, which had about 20 homes, one church and a beauty shop. That was it, nothing else not even a traffic light. Reevesville had some history, it was an old railroad town and my house had once been a dance hall !!!! Neighbors were friendly and helpful, especially Bob & Gladys. I was truly happy. Life was good.

No comments: