Monday, January 31, 2005

Becoming a Mother the Second Time

Hosted by Photobucket.comTwo years later, in October of 1970, Paul became a brother to Jeffrey. I wanted another son and boy oh boy I got myself a big baby,Jeff weighed in at a whopping 9lbs. & 7oz. Lucky me, two beautiful boys and they were so different; Paul with dark brown hair and Jeff with his light blonde hair. I won't even get into personalities, so different in that respect too. AT the age of 5, Paul was diagnosed with diabetes.There were many anxious times with Paul,he was in and out of the emergency room with insulin reactions and other related problems with his diabetes.There were doctor visits for care and control of his diabetes. I had to make sure he got his insulin shots and followed his diet. Paul handled it so well and never complained. The worry was always there for me, along with the usual scrapes and stitches for both of them.
Going through adolescence and their teens wasn't easy, they weren't always so perfect, they were typical boys.You know they really should have had classes on parenting then, especially for a single mom. But I got through it all, so did they. My poor kids, I grew up along with them!!

No comments: